Friday, August 10, 2007

Running out of time

So yesterday I may have overdone it. I met with my trainer, who hides her masochistic tendencies under a sweet and peppy exterior.

I basically have no upper body strength. Flexibility, yes. Strength, no.


She got me to push through, but man... it hurt. I think that's the most important part of the trainer; she gets me to do things I wouldn't do on my own. Sloth is my general state, so if something is too hard, I normally just pass.


So then, I went and got my hair highlighted. It was a big deal, because I'd finally gone back to my true, mousy, light brown color over the last few months. There's a reason I've been coloring my hair since I was 14. I'm supposed to be a blonde, I know it. Now I'm back on my way. I'd take a picture of it, but I can't, because my frickin' camera is broken.


The dance class I've gone to on Saturdays at the other gym? The one my friends go to and bring me as a guest? The class that kicks my butt? I decided to go last night too. My hairstylist (who is also a good friend) said I'd mess up my just done hair, but I figured, who's going to see it except my dog? I went.


And it was too much. Yes, the class is hard, but last night? Oi vey. I think I nearly died. I just couldn't keep up. And would it kill them to actually turn on the fans? Sheesh.


The day before I went on a two-hour hike, then to the other dance class (Afro-Cuban-Brazilian something or another) I like at my gym. Made it to 20,000 steps on the pedometer.


Today? I'm relaxing. Doing the laundry, leisurely walking Charlie boy, maybe I'll even get a massage. Who knows?


Oh, and I'm going to either get my camera fixed or get a new one. See, I went to take a picture of my new dance shoes as per requested, and realized the camera wouldn't focus.

So, I guess you can sorta get an idea from this, but it really just gives me a headache. It fell off the table the other day, and I guess the auto focus is what ended up being injured. Torn suggested hitting it, "It worked for me!" but that didn't help.

I have a new camera in mind, but we'll see if the old one can be saved.

7 comments:

Devo said...

I think those shoes might be pretty. Damn it, don't you hate when your useful, expensive to replace, items, get broken? Sounds like you are well on your way to svelteness, just be careful you don't injure yourself or something. OOH, a massage sounds lovely.

CoffeeDog said...

"It fell off the table the other day," I read this too quick and saw "I feel off the table the other day" Then I thought, geez what drug was she doing, then I remembered your a vanilla gal!

You sure have been up and at 'em for a sloth. Me, my sloth-like behavoir can be blamed on the heat. It's 104 here today.

CoffeeDog said...

oh, and thanks for the show pic :-)

Chunks said...

How your feet look in that picture is how I view the world without my glasses.

Anyway.

I feel your soreness. I really do. Here's to a day off.

GayProf said...

At first glance, I thought the picture was of church windows taken from inside. I wonder what that says about me. . .

Snooze said...

I like what I can make out of the shoes - sexy stuff!

I need to up my activity level. You are inspiring.

Anonymous said...

God Woman, you are amazing in your physical activity these days. Really, I'm impressed beyond my ability to pretend that what you are doing is something that I might actually do. You rock.

In other news, I'm glad that Snooze made the comment about the shoes, because I couldn't figure out what they were at first, and then I thought, what a sexy picture that is and then I realized they were shoes, and it still seemed very sexy, and then I realized that I was feeling that a picture of your feet was sexy and you know, that can get all weird, because well, you are Rebekah, and I have known you forever, and it's shocking to suddenly be all feeling sexy about your feet, and ... hey, this is just getting weirder huh?

Well, I'm just gonna post it anyway, because weird is what blogging is all about.