Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thirteen Thursday # 10



Thirteen things in my purse:


1. Six pens. Pink, purple, green, and three black ones. I’m always grading papers, and don’t like to use red. Whenever I’m waiting somewhere, I pull out papers and go to work. Don’t ask me why I need three black pens.

2. Empty eyeglass case. I wore my sunglasses yesterday afternoon, and never put them back. Notice the swanky Valentino name on the outside though? That’s because I’m swank.

3. 68 cents in change. It piles up inside the depths until it gets too heavy and I put it inside my…

4. Overstuffed, black leather wallet. There’s some receipt hanging out of it (remember my habit from last week?) and $23 in bills. Also my driver’s license with a good picture. I have to renew it this summer, and am praying to the gods of the DMV to let me keep the old pic.

5. A receipt from an Amtrak refund. Dated 11/21/06. It’s from my trip out to New York last Thanksgiving. I had no idea it was still in there.

6. Ticket stub from the Dodger game I went to Sunday night. They won, 9-3. I don’t really care about baseball, but I go once a year on “teacher’s night.” It was also Jackie Robinson Day, and someone had to explain to me why all the players were wearing the number 42.

7. Three old band-aids, an emery board, a metal nail file, eye drops, Advil, one Imodium tablet, and my asthma inhaler. One can never be too prepared. Or, maybe I’m just practicing to be a mom.

8. Lime green checkbook. Mom got it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago. One of my favorite colors, but it doesn’t stay very clean. Last check I wrote? To myself for $40.

9. Cosmetics. A girl’s gotta look good, right? Let’s see, there’s a Labello hydro care lip balm. I got it the last time I visited Torn in Montreal. It’s by a German company, made in Mexico, and distributed in Quebec. I’ve never seen this brand in the states. Then there’s a Pure Spring lip gloss in Chocolate Mint; it’s a Rite-aid store brand. I bought it for half-price in Seattle when I was there in February. A MAC lipstick in “Tease Me…” (yes, that’s really the name of it), and a benefit creaseless cream eyeshadow in “Scrapin’ the Rail.” Just in case my eyes need to be sparkly.

10. Two butter rum lifesavers. It’s the end of a roll I’ve been hoarding. It’s not like I couldn’t go out and buy another package, but I never do. They remind me of my Grampy.

11. Instant Hand Sanitizing spray from CVS. Impulse buy. After all these years working around kids, I’m a little weird now about germs. Never used to be. And yeah, yeah, I know, these kill the good bacteria too. Whatever.

12. Little packet of tissues. I have really bad allergies. Really a drag to sneeze and have nothing to…uh… mop it up with. I always have tissues.

13. Coupons. That pink one is for a Pria energy bar. Buy one, get one free. I love a a bargain.

6 comments:

GayProf said...

As somebody who is always asking his women friends for pain-reliever, I am glad that you carry it around in your purse.

Anonymous said...

I love it that you have memorial Lifesavers in your purse. That's cool.

Doug said...

You swanky thang! :)

You need 3 black pens because someone is always borrowing your writing utensils and not returning them.

Btw, can I borrow one?

Snooze said...

I love the fact you don't correct in red pen.

Chunks said...

Mine is similar only I have about 12 tampons in different sizes because you never know.

Oh and I have a change purse. Oh and no swank.

tornwordo said...

You are so well versed in cosmetics.