Sunday, February 11, 2007

Tomorrow, think the good thoughts

Tomorrow is the day D has his surgery. Whenever you read this, send your strength his way. I know I'm going to be a little bit of a wreck inside until I know he's out of it, but I also know he's going to get through this part.

I went to see Billy Collins speak today at UCSB. I've seen him once before and loved it. My students think I'm nuts to pay money to hear a poet read his poetry, but they'll learn. Maybe.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to pick a poem for Poetry Monday tomorrow. Something uplifting and hopeful this time. No need for tears two weeks in a row.

4 comments:

GayProf said...

I will send the best energy possible for D.

Anonymous said...

The good thoughts, thunk, though I just read this now.

Snooze said...

I so hope it all went well for your friend.

Doug said...

I Hope it went well. Sending happy thoughts.