Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Quality time

I was trying to spend some with the Wonder Dog tonight, because he's going in for doggie-dental care tomorrow. To the tune of $400, he's getting his teeth cleaned, and hopefully nothing more. It's possible they might have to remove some of his teeth. Remember, his first three years or so were not so good. From the little I know, he spent them infected with fleas, tied to a rope in the yard, eating whatever was thrown at him.

He's a hearty boy though. I'll bring him in before work, and pick him up after school. He can't eat anything else until after the anesthesia, so I gave him extra treats when we were playing tonight.

Speaking of playing, I was on the floor with him, messing with his little "loofah dog" he got from Carol's dogs, Trucker and Stella for Christmas, when I swung it too close to my face -- and then his face got too close to my face -- and his little (and HARD) skull connected with my lip.

Which, in and of itself would have hurt, but wouldn't have been so bad if my teeth hadn't been right behind my lip.

Yep. I have a great big fat lip, and no, I'm not taking a picture of it.

Plus there's a purple blood blister that's adding to the aesthetic of the whole thing.

I must think of an awesome story to tell the kids tomorrow.

6 comments:

anabel said...

My suggestion for the kids tomorrow. "I can't really tell you but you should see the other guy!"

Snooze said...

A fat lip just in time for tomorrow's date - at least that will give you both something to talk about! Good luck to your doggy. One of my cats has had to have teeth removed.

Lucia said...

Ooo...I really don't like doggie teeth cleaning time...I get a little nervous edge because of the anesthesia I think.

tornwordo said...

Poor Charlie. I hope the swelling subsides before the date you don't want to go on, lol.

GayProf said...

Tell them you are secretly a pirate! They are very in right now.

Doug said...

Ouch! You can't use this as an excuse not to go tomorrow, by the way! ;)

Hope Charlie has a good cleaning.