Friday, July 07, 2006

Whirlwind


So, all of a sudden, my vacation has really begun.

A couple of days ago, I saw my high school friend, Jennifer, and her new boyfriend. They were in town for the 4th of July to visit her mother. We went out for dinner and then drinks afterward.

It wasn't really weird, but it wasn't like old times either. I mean, dinner was great, and the bartender at the bar flirted with me (and asked for my number, which was a shocker), but I actually had more fun talking to the boyfriend than I did with her. Those bosom buddies from high school, aren't always the longest lasting. I'm lucky though, because so many of my true friends actually are from that time in my life.

Like Carol, who just became a mommy on Monday. Actually, her partner gave birth to the little guy, but you know what I mean. I drove to Santa Monica yesterday to see the little peanut, and he's bee-yoo-tee-full. It was a C-section, so they were still in the hospital. Did you know about the little baby alarm they put on infants now? Yeah. I couldn't believe it. That yellow box around his ankle? With the "13" written on it? It goes off if anyone tries to take the baby out of the room. A baby Low-Jack.

Wow. What is this world coming to?

There was also $12 parking. Whether I was in there for one hour or all day, 12 bucks. So, Rebekah tried parking on the street. The picture above explains it all. I made it out of there without a ticket.

However, not without my air conditioner deciding to take a nap during the hottest part of the day while I was stuck on the 405 North trying to get back home. It took me almost 3 1/2 hours to drive 90 miles. Yech.

Last night I caught up with some friends from school, two of whom will be going on a 10-day vacation together with their mountain bikes... felt a little left out, but then again, I've got Vegas with Tornwordo on Sunday (YAHOOLAMUNGA!)

Going to a "going away" get together tonight for another friend who's moving back to New York after 25-30 years away. I'm going to miss her. I hate when people leave. Although, it's at Arnoldi's, a great old Italian place which I love, so dinner will be tasty.

Tomorrow, there is a 25-year high school reunion for the class of 1981. Just a class ahead of me, so I've got lots of friends coming in. One of 'em, at the last minute, decided to fly in from Washington D.C. just from Saturday to Sunday. Even with that tight schedule, he and I are going to try and see each other tomorrow afternoon. He's not seen me since I've lost weight, so I'm hoping for a good response. Of course, he's gay, so I'm just hoping for a compliment folks.

And, then it's Sunday. Whoo hoo! This is going to be the big win weekend this time. I just feel it.

No comments: