Saturday, June 10, 2006

So much to do

I forgot to pay my car registration on time. Totally forgot. Had to pay 20 extra bucks for 10 extra days. It was so easy too. All I had to do was go on line and push some buttons. Nope, clean forgot.

I still have to get my car smogged too, before I get my stickers.

Catching up is all I feel I've been doing since February. Self-centered person that I am, it feels like it's been all about everyone else but me these past few months. Of course, I get to talk about myself to my heart's delight here, but that's not what I mean.

So many things have happened that I've had to deal with, but none were of my own doing. It seems like the list of obligations never gets smaller. For a single woman who doesn't even own a house, that sounds ridiculous. I know it sounds ridiculous. It's like a low grade anxiety all the time. And usually, something gets forgotten.

Or lost. I've lost all kinds of stuff lately. Right now it's my Handheld thing. I use it for the calendar, and for grades (but don't worry, the grades are also on the computer), and for phone numbers and addresses.

It was my turn for hosting the book club a couple of weeks ago. As some of you know, my organizational ability leaves something to be desired. I don't put anything away unless it has a place. Being that I have more stuff than places to put it, I usually have loads of things all over my house.

So, anyway, they were coming over, I was running out of time, so I started shoving things into boxes. Several boxes. Now I have no idea where anything is.

Story of my life.

I have to go grade papers.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

I hate the low grade anxiety thing of being to busy all the time.

At least it's almost over!