Monday, June 19, 2006

Hamburgers from Heaven

Last night I had the best hamburger of my life.


I went over to a friend's house for what I thought would be a nice little meal of burgers, salad, and beer. They have a beautiful place, with a mini orchard of avocado trees. God, I love avocados.

Anyway, instead, the burgers were quite a bit more than ground beef patties. I've searched the internet this morning, trying to find a similar recipe, but can't.

Here's what the burgers had in 'em:
Lean ground beef
chopped andouille sausage
pecans
garlic
blue cheese chunks
some secret spices


Then, on top, there were caramelized onions and chipotle mayonnaise.

All from fresh ingredients. Made from scratch.

I think they should be called Heaven burgers because they taste like that's where they're from.

Also, because that's where one would end up if he or she ate these too often.

(torn, is your mouth watering yet?)

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

That sounds so delish. Pecans and blue cheese, mmmmm. Remember hamburger henry's in Long Beach (now defunct) They had some pretty bizarre combos that were good.