Friday, April 07, 2006

Sexual Candy

At Tati, the French Pic' N' Save I talked about a few posts ago, I bought several of these "Kiss" Candy packages. Can you see the little picture of the man and woman locked in an embrace at the bottom left of the package? Then, the candy itself is truly silly. It looks like something sold in the back of Penthouse or something. Do they even sell Penthouse anymore? What with the internet and all? God, I remember my dad had two towering stacks of them on the top shelf of his closet. I would peek at them anytime I could when my folks were gone. Such curiosities to my inexperienced self.

I always wondered why the women in the pictures would be totally naked except for tube socks.


I digress.

So, I'm trying to figure out what my response would be if one of my students was eating/sucking on one of these things in class. Of course, they aren't supposed to eat anything, but my goodness. I don't know how I'd take one of these away with a straight face.

There were Cola and Cherry flavored ones. I don't really like cherry flavored stuff, but they had the more realistic pink color. The cola flavored ones had brown candy and blue lips.

Now, who to give the candy to?

1 comment:

chella said...

have a perfect suggestion about to whom the candy should be given, but am restraining myself from the public display of naming! landed in LA last night & back in summerland. teach tonight at 6 but let's talk soon.
miss you! love, c