Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm Ba-aack..

And I'm tired. It took 30 hours from getting up yesterday morning in France to putting my head on the pillow in my own bed here in Santa Barbara. But wait, a day only has 24 hours in it, right? Yes my friends, but Paris is 9 hours ahead of California. It made me think that next time, I'm taking a direct flight, even if it does cost more. We flew to Toronto, where weather caused all kinds of delays, but not to worry, we had a 4 hour layover. So, Paris to Toronto was 8 and 1/2 hours, plus the 4 hour wait, plus our Toronto/Los Angeles flight was delayed by an hour or so. Another 5 and 1/2 hour flight and we landed in L.A. But wait, we still have to get on a shuttle for our car, drive to Ojai where Charlie needed to be picked up, and then go home. Oh yeah, it was raining. Hard.

Got home in one piece to find my kitchen flooded. Threw down some towels and called it a night.

I don't know why I got up so early this morning. I went to bed around two last night, and woke up at seven. (Yes, I remembered to switch my clocks). I’ve done three loads of laundry, downloaded my 278 photos (yeowza!), and unpacked one of my two suitcases.

I tried some of the Chocolate Mint tea I bought in Paris, and ate some cookies that I had packed. The milk in the fridge has gone bad. I have to go shopping, and I have to pay bills. Tonight I’m going to a Mary Chapin Carpenter/Anne Lamott double-billed show. “A Night of Story and Music” it’s called. I have no idea what to expect. I’ve seen Anne Lamott several times because she’s my humor idol, and I love Mary Chapin Carpenter; just hope I can stay awake for it all.

I’m working on recounting my adventures, but today I’m a bit out of it. I’m glad to be home, and glad to have a few more days of spring break before I go back to work. I don’t know how my buddies are going to go back tomorrow!

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Glad you made it home in one piece with spirits intact. Can't wait for more pics. XO