Saturday, March 18, 2006

One week

One week from today I'll be driving to LAX to fly to Paris with my two girlfriends. We'll be there for a week, and I can't wait.

Of course, I have all kinds of nonsense to take care of before I go, and last week I started feeling a little run down. I started taking Zicam like it was going out of style (go for the nasal spray, the "strawberry" chews are horrid, AND you can't eat or drink for 15 minutes after taking one), and tried to get to bed early. But no, I bought tickets last August to Bocco Tango, a dance performance from Argentina for Monday night. Tuesday was a three-hour training for BTSA, Wednesday was Weightwatchers (it's coming off more slowly, but still coming off. 35.8 pounds as of last week), and Thursday night was the last night of my Adult Ed French class. I basically know how to say my name, and that I speak English. I also know how to say I'm lost, which is what I'll be most of the time if left to my own devices.

Wednesday I wasn't feeling any better, and my neck started to hurt. Weird, but I ignored it. Thursday the pain was worse and was both in my neck and starting up my chin. At 3:30 am, I woke up because of it, and the whole right side of my face was aching. The pain in the neck that everyone always refers to had happened.

Turns out I have a cold in my neck. My right Lymph Node, to be exact. Normal people get colds in their chest or sinuses, but not me, no siree. I gotta be different. I'm on antibiotics, and vicodon when I need it (which is not a bad thing), and I'm feeling better already. I just feel tired, but I don't really feel sick.

Anyway, I have to go figure out what I'm going to bring with me on my trip. I hear it's pretty darn cold this time of year.

2 comments:

Coldguy said...

Have fun in France, I also went there myself and had an ok time. The smelling thing I thought was a joke, it is not. So an FYI to you, bring nose plugs. Also MAKE SURE you see the bour bour in the Persian area. It is dedicated to modern art and it is a completly different culutre around that building. A must see!

tornwordo said...

Get better before the plane, and the trip. Rest up. I hope you're taking friday off.