Friday, November 25, 2005

The Morning After

Okay, so Wednesday night I had officially lost 10% of my body weight. I got a little key chain and they took my picture and everyone clapped for me. It feels good, even though I have so much further to go (farther to go? I know I'm an English teacher, but that one always goofs me up).

And on to Thanksgiving. My friend Katrina and I took our dogs on an early morning walk to get in a little exercise before the feasting began, and Charlie got very very dirty. I had to wash him and wash myself, and be ready to leave by ten in the morning. Almost was too, except for the dead mouse I found in the kitchen right before my mother knocked on the door. Gross.

It's beautiful where I live, but then again, there are more critters here sometimes than I would like.

Got to Sister's house in good time, and it was really nice out; almost but not quite hot. My favorite weather. She had decided to roast the turkey in her outdoor grill; made stuffing in a crockpot (who knew?) and kept the house pretty cool.

Points? weight watcher points? What the hell are those?

Nah. I logged everything I ate, and while it wasn't a low calorie day, I didn't use up every single point for the week. I still have 11.5 points of "overdraft" points left. You'll see.

Sister gave me the turkey carcass and I'm making Mulligatawny soup with it. I make it every year and it is so tasty. This is the Winter of Soup. I'll take a picture of it when I'm done.

1 comment:

chella said...

thanks for the food shots. a little like the silent version of the food network. more seriously, salivated over the pie shots and will return for the soup shot.
ps--check out my blog. some recent posts. imagine, along with john.
c