Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm thinking of

The 90 essays I have yet to grade.

The trip to Paris Katrina, Chloe and I talked about last weekend.

Charlie pooping and peeing on the rug again yesterday, even though I wasn't going anywhere.

The taste of the Weight Watchers shake I just had for breakfast.

My right ear. It itches.

The Grand Conversation, which we are doing today in class.

Whether or not I lost weight or gained it this weekend.

The $999 couch I just discovered at Crate and Barrel.

And the $549 ottoman that went with it.

The need for a tissue that my runny nose is dictating.

I'm thinking of the garbage men, picking up the recycling cans out front right now.

What choices I have to wear today.

The front door being open, and if I should leave it that way when I get into the shower. Even though I took my dog for a little walk in the dark this morning, at 5:45, he still didn't do his business. The last two times he pooped on the rug, it happened when I was in the shower.

How I love my dog, even though he's been a pain lately.

The load of work I have at school, and wondering how I'm going to get it all done.

The few folks who visit this blog, and how I appreciate the comments they make.

2 comments:

tornwordo said...

That's another good exercise. Are these from stuff you do in class, or that book you got?

Why does he have to poop on the rug when you're in the shower? He's doing it on purpose. But why?

r said...

yep... good old Natalie Goldberg.

It helps me keep it short too; instead of babbling (ha, get it? babbling?) on about what is bugging me today.

And I don't know what the deal is with the shower. He's done it one other time, about a year ago.