Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hurry up and wait

That's what I'm doing.

I got off work early today so we (Katrina and I) could get going early. We're off to San Francisco to visit a third friend, Chloe.

Yet, here I am, two hours later, waiting for Katrina. I probably don't have time to explain it all right now, but let's just say that our communication styles are different.

See, I had to drop Charlie off at the place where I'm boarding him. It's on the way actually, so why didn't I drop him off after we left? Well, Katrina doesn't want to go that way. It cuts 15-20 minutes off the drive, and I told her as much, but she said she didn't think so, and she wanted to take the coast.

Even though I live at the base of the highway that is shorter, and picking me up and going back to the other highway is longer. Even though we could drop Charlie off on the way.

Nope. So, meanwhile, I have to get off work at 1:45, go home, get the dog, and race up the hill to get him to the kennel, then back down again to be ready to leave at 3pm.

I do it, but school is always a headache. I have to set up for the substitute, return all phone calls from parents over the last 24 hours, type up the lesson plan, make sure my afterschool class replacement knows what's going on, return e-mails to parents, make copies of all the work needed tomorrow, and fill out the 20 weekly progress reports I have for my students.

Did I forget to mention that Charlie decided he didn't want to be housebroken anymore this morning? Came out of the shower and there were 5 little "gifts" on the living room carpet. I picked 'em up and searched around for any liquid "gift" and couldn't find any.

That is until I got into the car and looked down at my new leather purse. Which had been on the floor.

Argh.

3 comments:

pushthebutton,max! said...

Coming to San Francisco and visiting... huh... WHAT friend?

What the fu... yeah, okay, okay, FINE! Nice, very nice, uh huh.

You go, Charlie. Fill that purse! Goooood boy!

>;)

tornwordo said...

Charlie knew you were about to take off and let you know how he felt about it.

r said...

oh max...

I'm so sorry. I...well..I...um...

Shoot, the last time I saw you I think you and R. and I were making fun of Leslie singing some Kenny Rodgers song at your prom.

Who would we make fun of this time?