Saturday, September 03, 2005

Despair

It's what I'm feeling right now. No matter what I say, it won't help anyone. Short of giving money, there's nothing I can do. People have lost everything, some their lives, and more are going to die.

Anger, frustration, blame...it just doesn't matter. It changes nothing right now.

Things are only going to get worse.

So, I try to act like everything is fine. I walk my dog Charlie, I drink a non-fat, no whip Mocha from Starbuck's, I count my points and track them in my Weight Watcher's weekly journal, and later I'll bring a bottle of wine to my friend's house for a barbecue.

But it's not fine.

2 comments:

chella said...

your post is so moving. i know what you mean: until our stranded brothers and sisters are safe and well, nothing will be fine! chella

tornwordo said...

You're right it's not fine. We had a pleasant bbq in the suburbs and didn't speak of it at all.