Friday, August 26, 2005

The last day to get ready

Went back to school last night and was there until eight or so. I was up on my ladder, hot glue gunning my posters to the walls. My staple gun jammed.

See, we got a great new paint job last summer in our classrooms, but nothing sticks to it. All last year I tried; masking tape, regular tape, double-sided tape, painter's tape, Duct tape, that gummy stuff that is supposed to stick to everything... nothing worked on the paint. Oh, I forgot to say that three of my four walls are cinderblock. I can use my staple gun on the forth wall (well, until it jammed yesterday), but the cinderblock was a puzzle.

Today is the day we post our students' first period classes on the auditorium windows at four o' clock. Everyone tries to get the hell out of dodge by three thirty, because it's a mad rush of parents and students. MAD rush. And of course, they all want to walk down to the room, and peek in the window of their child's first period class room. Where, I have been caught, years past, dirty, dusty and cranky, trying to finish up what I needed to do. Which, as you can imagine, is rather difficult with several parents just wanting to "tell you about my wonderful son/daughter." I know they're proud and excited; so am I. But at the end of today, I'm not ready to be meeting parents.

So, Michelle and I are going to go and walk Charlie, and go to happy hour. How much you want to bet that Donald will be there?

Just sayin.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

I hope you make it out of there before the onslought (I know that's spelled wrong, but how to fix it?.,.)

And is it good or bad if David is there?