Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I need a hook

As I discover more and more about this blog stuff, I realize that to have a wider audience, I need a hook. Like this guy has with his blog, The Sneeze. I only read his posts about weird food, but he had me laughing out loud more than once.

On the other hand, do I really want more people reading my blog? Honestly? I already am careful about certain things I write; I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or give anyone's secrets away. I also don't write about topics that would make my friends uncomfortable. I might someday, but not now.

I have to keep in mind that there's always a chance a student or a parent of a student of mine could happen upon my little bit of blog land. Can't be too up front about a little stinker in my class, or write who at work I think is an asshole. Could catch up with me.

So, how do I keep coming up with topics?

If you know me, you know I can talk to the wall. My friend in New York has said I'm like a monkey with a typewriter; "with enough time, something profound comes out of you. At least once an hour." And that's it. That is the name of this thing, after all. It's what I do.

I'm not being very direct here, am I? Sorry. I'm tired, and I need a nap now.

2 comments:

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Hiya,

I know I find it hard to find things to blog about, I was having a blue mood of a day at the weekend and felt like ditching this blog lark. Then I thought i'm taking things too seriously here and sometimes actually find it fun, so here I am still in the blogsphere nosing around. Got to you through Juniper, both of you have interesting blogs, so keep it up.
goldie xx

chella said...

you're just so quick and always thinking. a great writer and storyteller and friend. love, c