Friday, July 29, 2005

Harriet-Sitting

Harriet is my friend's lovely, sweet YAPPY dog. She's part Chihuahua and part Jack Russell Terrier. My friend is moving today, and so I am taking care of Harriet until tomorrow when they finish up. Charlie loves her, and we went to the beach today for a long walk. I washed both of 'em, and then the three of us watched TV and napped. I did some laundry, which is still in the dryer, but which I am not going to go retrieve now because it's pitch black outside (no street lights), and the laundry room is around the back of the main house.

It's pitch black because it is now 10:13pm. I'd like to go to bed, but our house guest keeps finding things to bark at. She's trying to sound oh-so-vicious, but when I pick her up and put her on my lap (the only way to shut her up), she's shaking. She growls almost under her breath; it would be cute except I'd like it to be quiet. I always say how lucky I am to have Charlie, but here's one more reason why. He doesn't bark much. He will bark, especially at freaky Fred next door (yes, I've changed his name for privacy purposes), but stops immediately when I tell him to. Harriet... not so much.

I am typing this now with her in my lap, resting her head on my left forearm, which is no easy feat. Just as I wrote that she snuggled her head under my arm and is now prone.

Awww...

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Sounds a little high strung, that Harriet. But even so, she can make you go "aw" still.

That was cute.