Saturday, July 23, 2005

Good Morning

So far, so good today. It's going to be hot later. Africa hot here at the base of the San Marcos Pass, but right now it's nice.

Charlie and I got up early and went to the beach. It's major low tide right now, and it was nice and cool. We walked for about an hour and a half; would've kept going except I didn't have any H2O for the wonder dog, and he was eyeballing the ocean water*. He knows it won't be good, he knows there will be foul consequences, but his thoughts are transparent to me,

"Maybe this time it'll be different. It's water, I'm thirsty... maybe just a little taste... Huh? No, not me. I wasn't drinking it. Nope, just looking at the pretty swirls in the tide... don't worry Becky, you are such a worrier. Do you have a cookie for me?"

Right now, as you know, Charles is eating only Duck. Dry duck dog food and wet duck dog food. I think there might be some oatmeal mixed in as well. I have not found duck dog treats just yet, so I've just been using his dry food as the treat. He caught on today. The fifth or sixth time I yelled for him to come, as usual, he raced toward me like Lassie toward home when Timmy fell in the well. I held out his "cookie" and he stuck his nose in the air. Sniffed in disgust. I swear! Wouldn't have it. Turned his head away like a toddler who doesn't want to eat his carrots.

I think my dog is turning into a snob.


*To solve the water problem, I now must have this, from the Harriet Carter catalog. I love flipping through it when it comes in the mail. No matter how many times I move, it finds me at my new address. It amuses me, some of the things in there. There's actually a flying pig hat. Who spends money on that?

1 comment:

roffe said...

Portable Pet Water Dish he..he.. nice