Friday, June 10, 2005

I haven't counted, but there's a lot

I have a massive amount of body products. Lotions, creams, body washes, sugar scrubs, self tanners, anti aging creams, body powder, liquid powder (yes, such a thing exists), soaps, exfoliating, perfume, body spray, moisturizing body mists, body butters, masques, gels, oils...

I'll stop.

It's an addiction. One which I can hold out against for months at a time, and then, I'm not sure what starts it, I discover some new product or scent that I MUST have. I think about it, and look it up on the internet, and visit it in the store if it is a regular retail item. Most are not. I frequent a makeup board that is probably akin to an alcoholic just "visiting" a bar. It's not a good thing for me. I'm embarrassed to count how many items are in my possession. Rick has seen the cupboard in my bathroom that houses it all. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Earlier in the year, I thought I was on the road to recovery; the La Conchita landslide happened very close to home. One of our aides at school lost everything. I mean everything; one of her housemates died. She narrowly got out of her house in time. She really did get out with just the clothes on her back.

I realized I had all this stuff, but it meant nothing. I was able to collect quite a bit of it to donate (because so much of it wasn't even opened yet), along with sheets and food and money, to the survivors who were trying to start over. I knew and know it really was nothing. I didn't do everything I could have, but it was a start for me.

Yet, here it is, less than 6 months later, and I'm thinking I need that Aquolina Pink Sugar Duplicate scented double whipped shea butter cream.

Something for me to work on.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Well, it's more than ridiculous, it reminds me how my grandpa used to fill an entire bedroom with stuff he got on sale.

You could have a yard sale solely consisting of bath products.

Also, you made me laugh.